If you’re a man who sports a set of ragged claws, then it’s high time you trim them down and learn to maintain good hygiene.
Manicure sets are great items to own simply because they contain all the necessary tools to keep your fingers and toes groomed and evenly shaped. Imagine having all your basic grooming essentials organized neatly inside an easy to access pouch.
Men’s manicure sets that are available today can help get rid of your ragged talons and keep your hands and fingers looking presentable. The only drawback is that there are so many manicure sets out there that at times it’s difficult to pick the right one.
So, which is the best manicure set for men?
Well according to us, the best manicure set you should buy in 2023 is the Tseoa Manicure Kit for Men. Not only is this kit cheap and affordable, it’s also one of the most versatile kits at present and can be used across the body. What’s more, the seller offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you’re unhappy with the purchase you can return it and get a refund with no questions asked.
Apart from this, our team also tried and tested over 50 different manicure sets and were able to shortlist the following 12 best manicure sets for men that truly get the job done.
- Tseoa Manicure Kit for Men
- Keiby Citom Professional Travel Grooming Kit
- Aceoce Manicure Set for Men
- Manscaped The Shears 2.0 Luxury Nail Kit
- Norchan Large 4 Piece Manicure Set
- Takumi Craftsman Luxury 9-Piece Kit
- Familife 11-in-1 Stainless Steel Manicure Set
- Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit
- Revlon Men’s Series Grooming Kit
- Mr. Green Manicure Set
- Corewill 12-in-1 Manicure and Pedicure Set
- ManBasics Men’s Nail Grooming Kit
Recommended Read: Best Men’s Grooming Tools
Table of Contents
Top 12 Best Manicure Sets for Men
|Why I Recommend Them|
|Tseoa Manicure Kit for Men||Overall Best for Men|
|Keiby Citom Professional Travel Grooming Kit||Highly Versatile Kit|
|Aceoce Manicure Set for Men||Bang for the Buck|
|Manscaped The Shears 2.0 Luxury Nail Kit||Well Made Manicure Kit|
|Norchan Large 4 Piece Manicure Set||High Durability|
|Takumi Craftsman Luxury 9-Piece Kit||Ideal for First Time Groomers|
|Familife 11-in-1 Stainless Steel Manicure Set||Professional Grade|
|Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit||Safe to Use Anti Corrosive|
|Revlon Men’s Series Grooming Kit||Budget Friendly|
|Mr. Green Manicure Set||Least Maintenance Needed|
|Corewill 12-in-1 Manicure and pedicure Set||Travel Friendly|
|ManBasics Men’s Nail Grooming Kit||Compact and Easy to Carry|
Tseoa Manicure Kit for Men
Coming in at under $10 is the Tseoa manicure and pedicure kit that not only features an attractive case but it’s compact enough to fit inside a overnight travel bag, so you can take it anywhere you go.
This pretty popular set comes with 12 pieces that can help keep your fingers and toes groomed. Upon testing these tools, I can say that they are certainly built to last and the seller is quite reliable where they provide returns with no questions asked in case there’s something wrong with the kit.
What i liked about this kit is that the tools are made from surgical stainless steel that are quite durable and can easily get the job done. Moreover the kit is available in 5 colors so it makes a great gift for men and women who are into personal grooming.
- Cost effective
- Good quality case and the tools are made from high quality materials
- Travel friendly design
- No complaints whatsoever
Keiby Citom Professional Travel Grooming Kit
Now here’s a wonderfully designed high quality manicure set for men that we felt had the right number of tools, though it could do with a slight price cut.
Equipped with 18 pieces for a complete pedicure/manicure experience, the Keiby Citom kit is one I recommend you buy. The tools have been carefully crafted and inspected for flaws before being packed and they are entirely safe to use.
They are made from an anti-corrosive material and have a coating of black polish that has anti-skid technology preventing them from slipping out of your hands when in use.
The case is well built and I loved the aesthetic design and color combination of this set. For the final touch, the outer layer of the case is made from PU leather that provides the whole kit with a premium feel.
- Decent variety of tools in this kit
- Aesthetic design with premium finish on the inside and outside
- One of the best manicure kits we’ve used
- Reasonably priced, could do with a slight price cut though
Aceoce 18-in-1 Manicure Set for Men
I was taken aback when I first came across the Aceoce manicure set for men. It’s one of the most practical daily tool kits that you can find even if it only consists of 18 grooming tools.
I enjoyed using this kit mainly for its premium finish and the fact that they come with a nice portable hard case with leather coating that has a locking mechanism on the side to prevent the tools from falling out.
This kit will help keep any man keep their toe and finger tips well-groomed and can easily be stored in a pocket, backpack or crossbody bag.
One of the best things about the Aceoce kit is that all the tools are made from durable surgical and stainless steel and are anti-corrosive so you don’t get any infection while trimming your nails.
- Well built stainless steel and surgical steel tools
- Metal components are anti-corrosive
- Comes with a neat semi-rigid case that’s travel friendly
- Could have included more tools
Manscaped The Shears 2.0 Luxury Nail Kit
If it’s only a few essential tools that you need are you’re not going to compromise on the quality by saving a few bucks, then I highly recommend you check out this premium nail kit from Manscaped.
Now we all know Manscaped to be the brand that offers men with affordable and effective grooming instruments. The Shears 2.0 is a 4 piece kit that includes a pair of nail clippers, rounded point scissors, tweezers and a mini nail file.
These come wrapped in a high quality leather case and all the tools are made from a heavy-duty stainless steel that can last a lifetime.
The Shears 2.0 is one of the most popular manicure sets for men on the market and the tools that are included can not only be used to trim your fingernails but even your facial hair and this makes it a must have for men who are always on the move.
- Premium quality tools
- Versatile design, tools can be used across the body
- Premium leather carry pouch
- Affordable considering the materials used
- Could have included a few more tools for the price
Familife 11-in-1 Stainless Steel Manicure Set
The Familife stainless steel manicure kit is a professional-grade kit that consists of everything you need to groom your finger and toe nails. This is one of the most affordable kits available and features 11 manicure tools to get the job done.
It’s a multi-functional kit that can be used by both men and women and all the tools included in this kit are safe to use on your hands, feet and face.
The kit includes 11 primary grooming tools such as a fingernail copper, toenail clipper, cuticle nipper, obtuse push broach, nail file, eyebrow tweezers, a V-shaped push stick, an ingrown toenail clipper, beauty scissors, cuticle knife and an ear pick.
All these tools come in a PU leather case that’s durable and travel-friendly. The handles of the tools feature an ergonomic design that is slip-proof so that you don’t lose your grip when trimming thicker and harder nails.
- Nice premium, leather case with high class finish on the tools
- Comes fully equipped to groom your fingers, toes and even nose/ear hair
- Each tool is anti-slip and won’t fall from your hands even if your palms are sweaty
- Slightly pricey, but worth it
Norchan Large 4 Piece Manicure Set
There no doubt in my mind that this kit is one of the most durable manicure kits for men we’ve had the opportunity to buy and try. The tools are made from a high-density steel and are durable and have been tested to be fracture resistant when put under stress.
They are quite large when compared to other manicure sets on this list which is a good thing, because the bigger they are the easier it is to hold and maneuver them.
However, though these tools are made from high quality materials like stainless steel, alloy steel and plastic cement they don’t come with a travel case, instead you get a hard plastic flat base case for them that can be easily stored in your bag or pocket.
- Premium quality materials were used to make these tools
- Slightly heavy, but offers great grip
- Has a nice compact soft zipper pouch to store the tools
- Does not come with a travel-friendly hard case
Takumi Craftsman Luxury 9-Piece Kit
I’ve been using the Takumi kit for a while not and have to say that this kit contains some impressive and effective grooming tools to not only trim your fingernails but also your nose hair and ear hair.
It has everything a man needs to help him look his best and all these tools come in a neat little leather zip-pouch.
Each kit contains a nail clipper, a nail nipper, cuticle cutter, nail file, cuticle remover, nail and cuticle cleaner, tweezers and a pair of nose scissors.
The Takumi luxury manicure set makes the perfect gifting option for men and has been designed to be unisex so women can also get in on the action. It’s definitely the best manicure set for men because it’s travel-friendly, compact and has all the necessary tools to maintain a neat set of nails.
- Ideal as a gifting option
- Designed to provide you with a safe and easy manicure
- Travel-friendly and the tools have a layer of anti-corrosive coating.
Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit
The Tweezerman essential grooming kit is a rather compact and down-to-earth kit that consists of 4 key tools to get your “groom” on. It’s priced at just under $30 and comes with a convenient carry case that keeps the tools protected and clean.
Each kit consists of a tweezerette for ingrown hair, facial hair scissors, fingernail clippers and a multi-purpose nail tool for filing your nails.
They are made from stainless steel which keeps them protected from moisture and rust formation. They’re also easy to clean and all you’d have to do is simply hold them under running water for a few seconds.
Tweezerman has been developing grooming products for over 40 years now and their high-quality tools are both reliable and durable. They’re one of the best brands out there and the essential grooming kit is one of the best manicure sets for men.
- High quality components and materials used
- Durable and easy to maintain
- Quite expensive considering the kit only contains 4 tools
Revlon Men’s Series Grooming Kit
The Revlon men’s series grooming kit is a budget-friendly choice for those who are looking to groom their nails on a budget. This is a 4-piece set that has been specifically designed for men and is one of Revlon’s most durable and portable manicure kits out there.
Each kit includes a pair of safety scissors, a 2-in-1 nail clipper, slanted tweezers and a nail file. All these essential grooming tools come in a nifty travel case which you can store anywhere thanks to it’s hard clam-shell design.
All the tools included in this set are made from stainless steel and even though it’s sold at an affordable price, the Revlon men’s series grooming kit does have it’s limitations.
The Revlon kit is a beginner kit for men and the included tools will help you easily clean and trim your nails in no time. The scissors can even be used on your nose, ear hair and eyebrows as well if that’s something you do.
- Budget friendly manicure kit for men
- Well designed storage case
- Compact and lightweight tools
- Ideal for beginners, does not include other essential tools to groom your nails
Mr. Green Manicure Set
The Mr. Green manicure set is another 4-piece manicure kit to own today. It’s equipped with a nail clipper, toenail clipper, nail file and a nail nipper that you can use to cut and trim your finger and toenails easily.
Each tool in this kit has been made from Japanese 420j2 surgical grade stainless steel that’s extremely sharp and wouldn’t require any sharpening. The kit comes with a nice PU leather pouch that has individual slots for each tool and is compact enough to fit in your pocket or handbag.
The Mr. Green kit is not something that everyone would be happy to own. The main reason why you should consider this kit is due to the fact that each tool has been made from surgical steel and the reason not to consider it is for the fact that it’s expensive and lacks some of the important pieces of equipment you might need.
- Made from surgical-grade steel
- Stainless steel blades don’t require any sharpening
- Well made and durable leather hard pouch
- Does not include some key tools to groom your nails
Corewill 12-in-1 Manicure and Pedicure Set
The Corwell 12-in-1 is one of the best manicure sets for men since it comes with everything you need to trim your finger/toenails easily from the comfort of your home. The kit has been made of 100% authentic stainless steel that’s both sharp and sturdy allowing you to easily cut your nails.
The set consists of three different sizes of nail clippers, a pair of eyebrow scissors, eyebrow tweezers, toenail clippers, ear pick, nail file, blackhead remover, a V-shaped tool and two nail cleaning tools.
All 12 pieces fit perfectly within the protective synthetic grey leather case allowing you to easily carry it with you to your office, on a trip would make a perfect Birthday/Christmas gift for the male members of your family.
One of the main reasons to consider the Corewill is for the fact that this kit comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee as well as a 6-month warranty.
- The kit contains 12 essential components
- Makes a perfect birthday gift
- Comes with a 6 month warranty which most kits don’t offer
ManBasics Men’s Nail Grooming Kit
The ManBasics is an essential must-have for all men who are looking to trim their nails on a regular basis. Unlike other kits that come with an array of tools, the ManBasics consists only of 2 size nail clippers and a portable nail file.
This kit is perfect for men who are always traveling since it’s compact and can easily be stored in your pocket, briefcase, travel kit and so on. It’s perfect for fathers, brothers and husbands who need a good trim.
While it may not be the most functional manicure kit out there, it is easy to use and is pocket-friendly, something that most men prefer to use.
- The smallest manicure kit we’ve tested
- Well made storage case and components
- Ideal for daily use
- Only 3 tools to trim and manage your nails
How to Select the Best Manicure Kit for Men?
Here’s what you should consider when buying a manicure set for yourself.
- Check the Included Tools – A good manicure set is only as good as the tools it comes with. Every set has to include a pair of scissors, nail clippers, nail file, cuticle nipper, ear pick, tweezers and a blackhead remover. It’s ideal to pick one that includes all these tools rather than spending money on one that hardly has one or two items in it.
- Material – A good nail cutter, nail file, and scissors would be made of stainless steel or surgical steel. Anything else would rust or get damaged sooner. If you’re looking at the case, then the best case will be one that’s made of either high-quality leather or synthetic material that’s water-proof.
- Price – The final thing to consider when buying a manicure set is the price. Manicure kits are segregated into three categories: inexpensive (under $30), moderate (between $30 – $75) and expensive (over $75). This will depend on your budget and preference, so choose wisely.
- Travel vs Home Use – Most manicure sets are small and can easily fit inside your pocket or backpack. They can be carried around with you and can be taken on your trips. However, remember to leave the sharp tools that are not permitted by TSA at home or they will be confiscated.
- Case Type – Consider the type of case it comes with, the size of the case, closure and even type of storage. Cases are even made from different kinds of materials such as Leather, aluminum, cloth or even polyurethane, so make sure you check what kind of case it is and if it’s ideal for your requirements before buying a set for yourself.
Manicures for Men 101 | How to Manicure Groom your Nails
Okay, so the main thing you gotta remember is to always keep your finger and toe nails clean and groomed. This helps prevent ingrown nails and will limit the chances of you getting an infection because your nails are dirty.
There are professionals who give men manicures, but if you’re busy and can’t head to the salon, i’d recommend you try these steps on your own to groom your nails and give yourself manicure.
- Step 1 — Clip your finger and toe nails with the nail cutter that’s in the kit. The safest method to follow is to start at the sides of your finger nails and cut to the length you desire.
- Step 2 — Use your nail file to smooth out the edges of your nails and do this by filing in a single direction
- Step 3 — With the help of your cuticle scissors, gently clip the edges of your nails.
- Step 4 — Now i’d suggest using a little cuticle oil to massage your cuticles so the nail shapes well
- Step 5 — Next, use a hand scrub to exfoliate your hands and get rid of any dry or dead skin. I recommend using a good exfoliator as this will help get rid of any calluses on your palm or knuckles
- Step 6 — Apply a little hand moisturizer to soften your hands and slowly massage it around your nails and in between your fingers
- Step 7 — Finally, if you have the time, go ahead and use a nail buffer and buff up your nails for a shiny finish.
What are the benefits of using a manicure set
There are many benefits of using a manicure set. They make your nails look nice and can improve your overall health.
- Hygiene – By maintaining your nails you can reduce the chances of catching an infection or getting ingrown nails. You limit the spread of bacteria and get rid of the dead skin around your nails.
- Positive First Impression – If you’re meeting someone for the first time and are concerned about making a good impression then it’s a good idea for you to trim and groom your nails.
- Relaxation – Yes, getting a manicure can relax you and will promote blood circulation that can help you relax after a long day. Getting someone else to give you a manicure is one of the best feelings ever.
Do men need manicure sets?
In short, yes they do. Manicure sets are not only designed for women but can actually help men maintain and keep their beard, facial hair and even finger/toenails. A gentleman will always have neat and clean fingers and it can be achieved only by using a good manicure set for men.
What all do you get in a manicure set?
Not every manicure set is alike and depending on the kind of set you want, the components would vary. Typically, manicure sets for men will have scissors, clippers, cuticle nippers and a nail file. Expensive and more detailed sets would include additional components like acne tools, tweezers, ear picks and more.
Do manicure kits come with different nail clippers?
Basic manicure kits would regularly have one pair of clippers, but detailed kits can have more than one. You could find toenail clippers, scissor nail clippers, guillotine nail clippers or pliers clippers in the kit. Each one would have a unique purpose and not all of them are meant for your nails.
- Best Men’s Grooming Tools | Manscape the Right Way
- Best Body Washes and Soaps for Black Men
- Best Nivea Men’s Body Wash | Ideal For All Skin Types
Darnell Jackson is a grooming enthusiast. He was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, and has always been passionate about men’s fashion and grooming. Darbell started his career as a freelance writer, contributing to various men’s lifestyle magazines and blogs. He has since become a published author, with his book “The Art of Man Grooming” receiving critical acclaim.