Face washes are an essential part of any man’s skin care routine that can drastically reduce oiliness and acne build-up.
Men of all races suffer from skin problems due to various factors such as dust and pollution or the harmful rays of the sun. In order for you to look your best, you must start using a good quality face wash on a daily basis.
There are many brands out there that are known for their effective face washes, but there’s just one brand that has taken it to a whole new level, and that’s none other than Nivea.
The best Nivea men’s face washes are suitable for oily skin, bearded skin, sensitive and even combination skin. These products will help you by keeping your skin hydrated and will act as a natural barrier against external forces.
Today, we’re going to take a quick look at the 8 best Nivea Men’s face washes out there and see whether they’re worth the buck and if they’re something you should get behind.
- Nivea Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash
- Nivea Men Original Deep Cleansing Face Scrub
- Nivea Men All-in-1 Charcoal Face Wash
- Nivea Men Deep Cleansing Face Wash
- Nivea Men Protect & Care Face Cleansing Scrub
- Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash with Vitamin E
- Nivea Men Dark Spot Reduction Face Wash
- Nivea Men Oil Control All-in-One Face Wash
Recommended Read: Best Nivea Men’s Deodorant
What to look for in a Nivea face wash for men?
Nivea face washes are skin care products designed to help combat a wide range of skin ailments caused by external forces. In order to get the best and most effective face wash for yourself, you need to first understand two things; your skin type and if you’d like a gel based product or a scrub.
- Skin Type – The first thing to check is your skin type and determine whether you need a face wash to help with oiliness, dryness, dark spots or dehydration. Depending on this, you will find different face washes targeting specific skin types. Pick the most appropriate face wash as by using the wrong one can sometimes lead to new skin conditions.
- Gel based or Scrub – A gel based face wash will lather up well on your skin and leave you feeling softer and smoother than before. Gel based face washes are ideal for men suffering from dryness or excess oil. A scrub on the other hand is designed specifically to exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells. This type of face wash is great for those with blackheads or clogged pores.
How to effectively use a face wash?
Normally, face washes come with a set of instructions printed on the back that you should follow. These steps are generally laid out so you get the best treatment possible from each product.
- Start by splashing your face with some cold water.
- Make sure your hair does not fall on your face.
- Apply a dime sized portion of face wash on your hands and gently massage the product on your face in a circular motion.
- Rinse your face first with a round of warm water followed by some cold water so there’s no traces of product on your face.
- Finally gently dab your skin with a soft and dry towel.
|Top Rated Nivea Men’s Face Wash||Ideal For|
|Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash||Men with Dry and Tight Skin|
|Original Deep Cleansing Face Scrub||Men with Combination Skin|
|All-in-1 Charcoal Face Wash||Men with Oily Skin|
|Deep Cleansing Face Wash||Bearded Men|
|Protect & Care Face Cleansing Scrub||Men with Excessive Oil Build Up|
|Sensitive Face Wash with Vitamin E||Men with Semi-Sensitive Skin|
|Dark Spot Reduction Face Wash||Men with Dark Spots|
|Oil Control All-in-One Face Wash Pump Pack||Men with Multiple Skin Conditions|
Table of Contents
Top 8 Best Nivea Men’s Face Wash
Nivea Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash
Pack of 1/150ml or 5 fl oz
One of my personal favorites, the Nivea moisturizing face wash is an all-natural formulation of Aloe Vera and Pro vitamin B5 to ensure your skin is kept hydrated and clean. I found it pretty effective at reducing dry skin and tightness.
The Maximum hydration face wash will clean your face and get rid of any dirt or grime that’s clogging your pores. This face wash can be used at any time of the day and can double up as a moisturizing shaving gel.
For best results, we recommend that you lather the gel over your face while avoiding your eyes and gently rinse it off with some lukewarm water.
- Affordable and easy to use
- Moisturizes and cleans
- Formulated with natural ingredients like vitamin B5 and Aloe
Best For – Men with Dry and Tight Skin
Nivea Men Original Deep Cleansing Face Scrub
Pack of 2/125g or 4.4 oz
Another awesome Nivea Men’s face wash is the original deep cleansing face scrub that is infused with Aloe Vera and Pro-vitamin E to ensure your skin is protected and clean.
I like using this face wash mainly because of the way it can rapidly hydrate your skin without damaging or stripping away essential oils from your skin.
It’s mild and but highly effective at scrubbing away dead skin cells and eliminating excess oil from your face. I noticed that it helps even out your skin if you have a combination skin where some sections of your face are oily and others are dry.
It’s one of the best and most effective men’s face wash from Nivea and you should try it out today.
- Deep scrub properties
- Designed to clean your skin without drying it
- Easy to use tube
- Natural ingredients like Aloe and Pro-vitamin E
- Slightly expensive for a small rube of 4.4oz
Best For – Men with Combination Skin
Nivea Men All-in-1 Charcoal Face Wash
Pack of 1/100ml
Charcoal as an active ingredient in a face wash will definitely help reduce acne build up or dust from collecting in your pores. I found the Nivea Men all in one face wash to be one of the best face washes that can help detox your skin from impurities and harmful particles.
This face wash is ideal for oily and dry skin and has been formulated with menthol that leaves your skin feeling fresh and cool. It can remove excess impurities from your face and you wouldn’t require more than a pea-sized amount of gel to cover your whole face.
The All in one is known for it’s ability to detoxify your skin which will result in tighter pores and a rejuvenated appearance.
- Designed for deep cleansing and to control Acne
- Formulated with menthol to provide you with a cooling effect
- Safe to use on all skin types
- You have to use a little bit at a time as it is known to dry out the skin
Best For – Men with Oily Skin
Nivea Men Deep Cleansing Face Wash
Pack of 3/100ml or 3.3 fl oz
The Nivea Men Deep Cleansing Face Wash is the perfect product to buy if you’re a bearded man. This face wash for men has been formulated with natural ingredients and contains natural charcoal that can remove excess dirt from your face.
It’s known to thoroughly cleanse your skin and will keep your beard feeling soft and fresh. We loved using the Deep Cleansing face wash mainly because it smells like a blend of vanilla and bourbon.
The effects of this gel face wash lasts a really long time and will leave your skin feeling hydrated and oil free.
- Gel based and lathers up well
- Formulated with natural charcoal that removes dirt and oil
- Infused with a blend of bourbon and vanilla
- Designed to cleanse the skin and beard
Best For – Bearded Men
Nivea Men Protect & Care Face Cleansing Scrub
Pack of 1/75ml
The Nivea Men Protect & Care Face Cleansing Scrub is formulated to work deeply on your pores and free them from dirt and dust.
As a scrub, it’s capable of removing excess oil and impurities from your skin, leaving your skin feeling refined and smooth.
This face wash contains scrub particles that can rejuvenate your skin and remove dead skin cells.
It’s compatible with all types of skin and with the help of Aloe and Pro-vitamin B5, the Protect & Care face scrub will ensure your skin’s natural barrier is kept protected and there are no impurities left behind.
- Safe to use on oily and dry skin
- Designed to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells
- Natural ingredients
- Not easily available in the market
Best For – Men with Excessive Oil Build Up
Check it out on Amazon
Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash with Vitamin E
Pack of 1/150ml or 5 fl oz
The Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash with Vitamin E is a very effective and affordable product for men that does a phenomenal job at clearing excess oil and combating dryness.
It’s formulated for sensitive skin and is free from soap or dyes that can cause skin irritation. This face wash does not have alcohol too, so that’s perfect since alcohol in face washes are known to make your skin dry.
This face wash is gentle on your skin and will easily leave you feeling refreshed after even a single wash. It’s made from natural Vitamin E, Chamomile and Witch Hazel which are ingredients that promote softness and can soothe your skin.
It’s a good purchase and for under $5, this Nivea face wash for men is definitely worth every cent.
- Specially formulated for men with sensitive skin
- Does not contain alcohol or additives
- Made from Chamomile and Vitamin E
- Affordable and nicely packaged
Best For – Men with Semi-Sensitive Skin
Nivea Men Dark Spot Reduction Face Wash
Pack of 1/100ml or 3.38 fl oz
Dark spots caused by acne build up and the sun can be reversed and ultimately eliminated from your skin. In order to do that you need to use a specially formulated face wash that can combat dark spots and blemishes.
The dark spot reduction face wash from Nivea is highly effective at reducing acne occurrence and can control oil for up to 12 hours at a time.
This product is something you’d use if you’re experiencing dark spots and any dark lines on your face. It helps brighten your skin and does not leave behind any residue.
For best results, it’s advisable to use a pea-sized quantity of the face wash and lather it across your face. Once done, gently rinse your face with a round of lukewarm water followed by a round of cold water.
- Helps deep cleanse your pores and removes dirt
- Improves your overall skin appearance by getting rid of dark spots
- Formulated to refresh your skin and keep you feeling energized
- Doesn’t work well with dry skin
Best For – Men with Dark Spots
Nivea Men Oil Control All-in-One Face Wash Pump Pack
Pack of 1/150ml
If you’re in the market for an all-in-one face wash that is designed to tackle excessive oil, then it’s time you check out this product.
The All-in-one face wash comes in a pump pack while is ergonomic and easy to use. This is great because you can top it up with a bit from a refill pack and have an unlimited supply for your personal use.
The Nivea men oil control face wash helps with acne and uses natural charcoal and menthol to cleanse your skin and keep it feeling cool and fresh throughout the day.
Since it has a strong effect it should not be used in excess as too much of this face wash can dry up your skin.
- Ideal for oily skin and helps lighten your skin tone
- Pump action bottle unlike the others which are tubes
- Formulated with natural charcoal and menthol
- Using too much can dry up your skin
Best For – Men with Multiple Skin Conditions
What are the Important ingredients to look out for in a men’s face wash?
- Charcoal – Is a great cleansing agent and is capable of removing excess dirt and oil.
- Retinol – Great ingredient to stop aging.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Will keep your skin moisturized.
- Vitamin C – Prevent dark spots, uneven skin tone and dullness.
- Tea Tree Oil – Helps with acne scarring.
- SPF – Protects your skin from harmful rays of the sun.
Which Nivea face wash is best for men?
The most effective Nivea face wash for men is the Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash.. This face wash helps prevent your skin from drying and will ensure that you’re left feeling hydrated and moisturized throughout the day.
Does Nivea men’s face wash have any side effects?
Generally men wouldn’t face issues with Nivea face washes. However if you do face any rash breakout or sensitivity, contact your doctor right away.
Is Nivea for Men good for Acne?
The deep cleansing face scrub is great to use if you’re dealing with an acne breakout. It’s also made to effectively fight up to 99% acne causing bacteria and will reduce pimples and blackheads on your face.
- Best Nivea Men’s Deodorants
- Best Body Washes and Soaps for Black Men
- Best Men’s Face Wash for Oily Skin
Darnell Jackson is a grooming enthusiast. He was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, and has always been passionate about men’s fashion and grooming. Darbell started his career as a freelance writer, contributing to various men’s lifestyle magazines and blogs. He has since become a published author, with his book “The Art of Man Grooming” receiving critical acclaim.