If you’re in the market for a good trimmer to use on your balls then you’ve landed on the right page. Manscaping is an art and I wouldn’t recommend you using your facial trimmer on your privates, it’s just nasty.
There are trimmers that companies such as Philips, Wahl, Panasonic and Manscaped have created that are meant to be specifically used on your pubes.
These trimmers ensure that you don’t get any nicks or cuts while trimming your balls and let you reach a whole new level of self-grooming.
Read on to find out what the best trimmer for balls is and whether it’s something you would consider buying. We’ve taken a few factors such as price, closeness of shave, easiness to clean and whether it has an ergonomic design into consideration while shortlisting the best trimmers to use on your balls and groin area.
So, without further ado, here are the top 6 best trimmer for balls.
- Manscaped Nuts and Bolts 4.0
- Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7000
- Wahl Stainless Steel Lithium Ion+ All-in-One Trimmer
- Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer
- Braun Trimmer 7 MGK7221
- Panasonic ARC4 Electric Shaver
Recommended Read if you do not want to cut your balls: Using Hair Removal Cream for Private Parts
Table of Contents
How to select the best trimmer for balls?
There are many things to consider when selecting the best trimmer to use while manscaping. You definitely can not use a trimmer that’s designed for your face as they might nick or cut you down there since their blades are wide apart as compared to full body trimmers.
Here are a few other things to look at and consider when buying a trimmer for your balls.
- Design – The best trimmer for balls will be one that has been designed to be handled easily. While trimming your pubes, you will need to take all the time in the world to get it right and the only way you will be able to succeed is by using an ergonomically designed trimmer. Ideally something that offers good grip and has been made from non-slip materials will do the trick.
- Battery Life – Another thing to keep in mind is that since you’re going to take time trimming your balls, you will need a trimmer that comes with a high-performance battery that lasts long. Anything that provides you with at least 60 minutes worth of running time will be the best to go for.
- Waterproof – Ideally the best place to trim your hair will be in the bathroom while having a shower. Warm water has been known to help ease the trimming process and for that you will need a trimmer that’s waterproof and safe to use in the shower. For those who wish to trim their hair under a dry setting can opt for a regular trimmer for balls and get it done.
- Closeness of Shave – Finally, the last thing to consider is whether you want to simply trim your pubes or if you’d prefer to have smooth balls. This is up to your personal preference and depending on what you decide, you would have to pick the trimmer that offers just that.
Top 6 Best Trimmer for Balls
Manscaped Nuts and Bolts 4.0
Manscaped is a brand whose primary goal is to deliver high-quality trimmers and male grooming products. They have a wide range of devices to choose from but their Nuts and Bolts 4.0 grooming kit is their best you could find online for under $100.
This kit includes an ergonomically designed trimmer called the lawn mower 4.0, a bottle of ball deodorant and a set of magic shaving mats that you stand on while trimming your pubes.
The lawn mower 4.0 is designed to be waterproof and can be used even when you’re having a shower. It comes equipped with a proprietary SkinSafe technology that ensures you don’t cut or nick yourself below the belt.
- Anti-chafing properties
- Wireless charging
- Comes with a shaving mat
- Bottle of ball deodorant
Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7000
Philips is probably a name you’ll see quite often on this list mainly because they develop products that target every type of user out there. The Bodygroom Series 7000 is one of their best products that can be used across your body and is also considered to be the best trimmers for sensitive skin.
It features a unique dual sided design and comes with 5 adjustable lengths allowing you to trim any region on your body including your groin and other sensitive areas.
With a waterproof design, you can use this trimmer in both wet and dry conditions which is great if you’re looking for something to use in the shower. This kit comes with a replaceable trimmer head and a storage case that you can use in case you’re going on a trip.
This trimmer is powered by a high-performance li-ion battery that delivers around 80 minutes of continuous usage from a single charge. We found that it took roughly an hour to get charged to full capacity which is pretty decent for today’s standards.
- 80 minutes runtime
- Adjustable trim lengths
- 4-directional pivoting head
- Showerproof design
Wahl Stainless Steel Lithium Ion+ All-in-One Trimmer
Wahl is a brand that has been featured in a majority of our articles as they’re simply amazing at what they do. The Wahl Stainless Steel All-in-One trimmer is a self-sharpening trimmer that does not require much maintenance.
It’s capable of providing you with the trim you’re looking for and has been designed to be used on any part of your body thanks to the four multipurpose additional blades that come with it. This cordless trimmer is completely safe to use on your balls and the T-blade offers a nice clean shave without the burn.
The stainless steel trimmer runs on a high-performance lithium-ion battery that’s compatible with 110v and the international standard of 220v, basically it’s travel friendly. The battery delivers roughly 4 hours of run time from a single 60 minute charge which is the best so far in terms of longevity.
It’s also equipped with a fast charging system where you can plug it in for 60 seconds and you would be able to use it for around 3 minutes, which is a good enough time to finish up with. In my opinion, if you’re looking for a trimmer for your balls that can last for a long time, then this is definitely the one to get.
- Quick charge with 6 hour runtime
- 12 attachment guards
- LED charging indicator
- Precision T-blade
Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer
The Philips Norelco OneBlade has been in the market for hardly a couple of months and has been rated as one of the best trimmers for men that’s easy on sensitive skin. It features a sturdy plastic body that fits well in your hands and comes with three blade guards allowing you to trim and shave different lengths of hair.
This hybrid trimmer can be used on any part of your body and is equipped with a replaceable dual-sided blade that helps deliver precise cuts. Ideal for any man who’s looking to trim their balls, the OneBlade Hybrid trimmer is surely something to consider buying.
Each kit consists of one blade, 3 different beard combs, the trimmer, rechargeable batteries and a power cable to charge the device. What’s great about this trimmer is that it weighs hardly 700 grams and can easily be stored in your bag in case you’re traveling for the weekend.
- Long lasting blade
- Rechargeable with 45 minutes runtime
- Contour following design
- Water resistant
Braun Trimmer 7 MGK7221
Braun is another popular brand that develops and sells premium quality grooming tools for men. The Trimmer 7 is a 10-in-one body grooming kit that is equipped with a bunch of attachments allowing you to trim and cut hair of any length on your body.
It runs on a rechargeable battery that delivers around 100 minutes of running time from a single 1 hour charge. It also comes with an auto sensing motor that adapts to any hair type allowing you to have a safe and detailed trim.
This trimmer for balls is waterproof and can safely be used in the shower. This kit not only comes with 6 combs of varying sizes, but it also comes with a storage bag and a complimentary Gillette wet razor.
- 10-in-1 trimmer
- 12 Length settings and 4 attachment combs
- 100 minutes runtime
- All body use
Panasonic ARC4 Electric Shaver
Here’s another fine trimmer for balls, the Panasonic ARC4 is an all body electric trimmer that runs on a high-performance dual motor setup allowing you to have a close, clean and efficient trim across your body.
This trimmer is capable of delivering up to 14000 cuts per minute and what we found to be one of the best features is that it includes a travel lock and is equipped with an universal voltage conversion technology allowing you to use it anywhere in the world.
It’s equipped with a large battery that is able to deliver an hour’s worth of running time from a single charge. It’s waterproof, easy to clean and is safe to use on any part of your body including your face and arms.
Though it’s a good trimmer we found it to be on the heavier side and is actually noisy while running. But, all things considered, it’s something not everyone can afford so i’ll just leave this here if you’re in the market for something premium.
- Dual motor shaving system
- 14000 cuts per minute
- Flexible pivoting shaver head
- Multi-fit ARC foil
How to trim the hair on your balls?
Now that you know which are the best trimmers to use on your balls, let’s take a quick look at how to shave them safely.
- The first step is to ensure that you’re in the right environment. Make sure you have access to adequate water and other tools you will need.
- Start by trimming the long strands of hair with a pair of scissors. This will prevent the hair from clogging your trimmer.
- The next step is to soften the skin by applying warm water on the sack. This will help loosen the pores and make it easier to remove the hair from your pubic region.
- While using a trimmer, make sure you use an attachment guard that offers a close shave. Also, ensure to pull the skin while using a trimmer so as not to snag your skin in between the blades. It’s takes some time to get used to, so don’t fret if you find it difficult the first time.
- Ensure that you move the trimmer in the direction of the hair growth. Going along with the grain will prevent ingrown hair and will ensure that all your hair get trimmed.
- Once you’re done, rinse your groin with warm water or step into a shower. This will limit the chances of any infection or rash in case you would have nicked yourself.
- Lastly, apply some after shave or moisturizer onto your skin. Use a product with natural ingredients and not ones that contain alcohol as it can dry your sack.
What to avoid while trimming your balls?
While using a trimmer on your pubic area, make sure you’re gentle and avoid applying pressure.
Remember, the skin is lose in your pubic area and you will have to pull on the skin to tighten the area and prevent yourself from getting cut.
Do not use any after shave that contains alcohol as it can dry your skin and tighten it. Rather use a moisturizer that has a cooling agent like aloe vera or mint.
Make sure you use the right tools for the job. Refrain from using a head or face trimmer as they are not designed for your balls.
Never rush through this task and make sure your hand is steady.
Darnell Jackson is a grooming enthusiast. He was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, and has always been passionate about men’s fashion and grooming. Darbell started his career as a freelance writer, contributing to various men’s lifestyle magazines and blogs. He has since become a published author, with his book “The Art of Man Grooming” receiving critical acclaim.